Feel free to give as much or as little detail as you feel comfortable with. If you would prefer to remain anonymous we of course respect that. In that case we wouldn’t publish your name or the organisation you work for.
All posts will be licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 licence. Posts will also be staggered and we will publish one every two weeks or so, this means your post may not appear immediately.
- What is your role/ title? If you are happy to include your name and organisation please also add these.
- What path did you take to get to your current role. This can be quite general, but will give readers an idea of what career paths can lead to certain types of roles.
- Describe a typical day. If you don’t have a ‘typical’ day, are there any duties that you regularly have to perform as part of your role.
- What traditional library skills are important to have within your role?
- What non-traditional library skills are important to have within your role?
- Are there any specific software packages or technologies you use on a regular basis within your role
- What is the most rewarding part of your role?
- What is the most challenging part of your role?
- What are the career prospects within your area of librarianship? For new entrants/for promotion?
- Do you have any advice for people interested in pursuing a role in your genre of librarianship.